EVF – Electronic volumetric filling system
This filling system introduces innovative solutions suitable for products such as water, oil, milk, detergents, juices and vinegar. It is top of the range, user-friendly and easily serviceable.
The heart of the machine is the flow-meter: a high-precision electronic device, installed in proximity to the filling valve, which measures the amount of the filled product. The flow-meter is available both in a magnetic version (for Electronic Volumetric Filling system machine) used for products with an electrical conductivity above 30μS/cm, and in a mass version (for Electronic Mass-meter Filling system machine) used for non-conductive products.
The filling valve, entirely designed by Enoberg, ensures low risk of bottle contamination during the filling, since it prevents the valve-bottle contact.
A higher level of hygiene could be reached installing the optional device “Sterile air blowing from the body of the filling valve”, which creates a sterile air barrier around the bottle during the filling process.
Furthermore, the basic version is equipped with other technologically advanced solutions, such as:
- 7” HMI (Human Machine Interface) touch screen, supplied by SMITEC;
- Valve opening to manage two different filling speeds;
- Independent setting of each flow-meter by means of HMI;
- Independent movement of the machine axes through ICOS brushless motors with integrated control, in order to guarantee perfect synchronism between the stars and low noise during the functioning;
- Diagnosis of engine operating conditions through HMI;
- Quick bottle changeover parts and pre-programmed recipes, enabling a quick changeover at a software level;
- Dummy bottles (standard for EVF machine) installed in proximity to each filling valve, to be positioned in a quick and easy way.
ENOBERG’s EVF machine can be fully cleaned thanks to the dummy bottles installed next to each filling valve, and the spray ball contained in the product tank and to the piping system designed for recovering or recycling, depending on the needs, the washing solution.
Available in various sizes to cover an extended production range, EVF/EMF machines are supplied in filler/capper version, in rinser/filler/capper version, or in the innovative ECOBLOC® version, in which ENOBERG’s filling/capping machine is combined to SMI’s stretch blow moulding machine.
|Flat water and conductive products||EVF||1.000 – 36.000||1.5 lt|
|Edible oil and non-conductive products||EMF||1.000 – 36.000||1 lt|
|Juice, fresh milk, drinkable yogurt||EVF||1.000 – 36.000||0.5 lt|
|Vinegar||EVF||1.000 – 24.000||1 lt|
|Detergents||EVF||1.000 – 36.000||0.5 lt|
|Bottles capacity||0.2 lt ÷ 12 lt (HC)|
|Production speed||1.000 ÷ 36.000 bph|
|Filling valves||9 ÷ 60|
|Available caps||Plastic screw cap, plastisc pressure cap|
|Available bottle Ø||44 ÷ 125 mm (215 mm for the machine working High Capacity containers)|
|Available bottle height||160 ÷ 340 mm|
|Bottle handling||Neck Handling|
|Operator panel||SMITEC Touch screen 7″|
|Filling temperature||3 ÷ 85°C|
PET bottles are transported inside the machine through an air conveyor. The bottle flow is regulated using a pneumatically operated gate which, depending on the condition of plant production, enables or blocks the bottles transfer to the first star wheel.
2BOTTLE TRANSFER: INLET – RINSER
Bottles coming from the air conveyor are transported towards the rinser. This transfer is performed through a rotating star wheel which receives the bottles from the air conveyor, handling them by the neck, and transports them towards the rinsing carousel.
The bottle coming from the star wheel reaches the rinsing turret where a rubber gripper grabs the bottle neck, and by using a mechanical cam system inverts the bottle (180 degrees) in order to have the bottle lip aligned with its rinsing nozzle. The nozzle is activated, dispensing water or air depending on the filling product and on the customers preference. At the end of the rinsing phase, the bottle is inverted again, coming back to the initial position. The bottle is ready to be moved to the rinsing carousel. Each rinsing turret is equipped with a “no bottle-no spray” system: a sensor placed close to the rinser inlet detects the presence of the bottle. In the event that no bottle is detected, the correspondent turret will not perform any rinsing operation.
4BOTTLE TRANSFER: RINSER – FILLER
Bottles coming from the rinser are moved towards the filler. This transfer is performed through a rotating star wheel which collects the bottles from the rinsing turret, handling them by the neck, and transports them towards the filling carousel.
The bottle coming from the star wheel reaches the filling turret where a gripper grabs the bottle neck keeping it lined up under the filling valve. This filling technology does not involve the contact between valve and bottle. The filling product is contained in an external tank from which, through a pump, it is conveyed to the filling valves. The filling system is electronic volumetric with magnetic flow-meters (EVF models for conductive products) or electronic by mass with flow-meters based on the Coriolis principle (EMF models for non-conductive products). A gauge is connected to each filling valve. Once the movement has started, the gauge measures the quantity of product going through the valve. The counting method is pulse-based: when the set value is reached, a closure sign is sent to the filling valve. The filled bottle is ready to be moved to the capping turret. Each filling turret is equipped with “no bottle-no fill” system: in the event that no bottle is detected in the filling turret, the filling operation will not start.
6BOTTLE TRANSFER: FILLER – CAPPER
Bottles coming from the filler are moved towards the capper. This transfer is performed through a rotating star wheel which collects the bottles form the filling turret, handling them by the neck, and transports them towards the capping turret.
The bottle coming from the star wheel reaches the capping turret where a star shaped mould allows the bottle centering under the corresponding capping turret. The cap coming from caps feeding system is picked up by means of a star wheel called “pick and place”. The capping head collects the cap from the star wheel and it applies the cap to the bottle. Depending on the cap to be applied (plastic screw cap or plastic pressure cap), the capping system may be rotating or by-pressure. The rinsed, filled and capped bottle is ready to be moved to the outlet conveyor. Each capping turret is equipped with “no bottle-no cap” system: in the event that no bottle is detected under the capping turret, the cap will not be applied.
The rinsed, filled and capped bottles are transported out of the machine through an air conveyor. This conveyor is equipped with automatic height adjustment which allows the bottle point of support to be tailored to the bottle height.
- Modular structure which can be customized;
- Compact filling module which minimizes the number of stars for bottle handling, while ensuring an easy access for maintenance and cleaning;
- Modular framework which allows optimization of the shipping dimensions, cutting the transport costs and making the machine suitable for standard road transport;
- Low operating and maintenance costs;
- Low risk of contamination, high level of hygiene;
- Excellent price performance ratio.
Each EVF/EMF machine is provided with:
- Independent movement of the machine axes through ICOS brushless motors with integrated control. Each motors parameter can be checked through HMI;
- Guarding in tempered glass;
- Dummy bottles installed in proximity to each filling valve;
- 7” HMI (Human Machine Interface) touch screen, supplied by SMITEC;
- Pre-programmed recipes, enabling quick changeover at a software level;
- Quick bottle changeover parts;
- Flow-meter installed in proximity to the filling valve;
- Easily serviceable filling valve, completely made in AISI 316;
- Electronic Filling system;
- Automatic cleaning phases (CIP).
Available on request, it is possible to install on ENOBERG’s EVF/EMF machine:
- Upper covering;
- Laminar flow to create an overpressure in the working environment and to prevent penetration of micro foreign objects in the machine;
- Sterile air blowing from the body of the filling valve during the filling;
- Automatic positioning dummy bottles;
- Components in contact with the product in AISI 316;
- Centrifugal caps sorter located outside the machine at the bottom, easily accessible for inspections and controls.